La Scuola is a vibrant Preschool - 8th Grade international community and is San Francisco's first and only authorized International Baccalaureate – Primary Years Programme (IB-PYP) school.
Enrolling Preschool through 8th grade in 2018-2019, starting at age 2.
Why La Scuola?
• La Scuola educates the whole child - intellectually, physically and emotionally - in a joyful and happy environment.
• Our philosophy is rooted in the tradition of the schools of Reggio Emilia, Italy. We hold an image of the child as strong, competent and creative, with no ceiling to a child's learning potential.
• Inquiry is the leading pedagogical tool of our transdisciplinary education, thereby fostering critical and creative thinking skills, confidence, integrity, collaboration and empathy.
• Our students develop a life-long love of learning and become world citizens who care about their local and global communities.
• Language acquisition is a cornerstone of a La Scuola education, both in the Italian Immersion track, as well as the English track with Italian as a second language. Bilinguals have better cognitive and verbal skills, as well as higher executive function.
• Children are surrounded by warm and nurturing teachers in an aesthetically beautiful environment. Careful attention to the integration of pedagogy and the design of space offers the children a rich sense of place.
• Children graduating from La Scuola have the cognitive, creative and social skills necessary for the challenges and opportunities of the 21st century.
K-8 Campus located at 735 Fell St., San Francisco 94117 (415) 551-0000
Preschool Campus located at 728 20th St., San Francisco 94107 (415) 558-9006