Sarah's Science is the Bay Area's premier science enrichment company with over 30 years of experience providing fun and educational camps, classes, and workshops for children. For more information or to enroll in an upcoming camp, class, or workshop please visit www.sarahscience.com or call (510) 581-3739.
Sarah's Science & This Land is Your Land Summer Day Camp
Connecting kids to nature and making science fun!
Weekly sessions from June 3 - August 23
Beautiful locations in Berkeley (Tilden Park) and Oakland (Roberts Park)
Camp Hours: 9-3, AM Care 8-9, PM Care 3-5:30
At Sarah's Science and This Land is your Land Summer Day Camp, your child will discover just how fun learning can be! Sarah's Science blends traditional camp activities like arts and crafts, hikes, games and swimming with a unique hands-on science and nature curriculum. Each week of camp is centered around an exciting theme and campers make and take home a fun science project every day. Each project is accompanied by a science note to continue the learning at home. Sarah's goal is for every child to have a summer filled with outrageous fun in a beautiful, natural setting. Reserve your spot today for a summer filled with award-winning, hands-on, outdoor science fun!
SUMMER 2019 SCHEDULE
June 3 - 7: Terrific Transformers (Oakland Only)
* Invent an amphibious land and water vehicle
* Disguise a mini-catapult in a wrist watch
* Build a transforming truck robot
June 10 - 14: Arcade Science (Oakland Only)
* Create an electronic pinball machine and get the new high score
* Hit a home run with a batter's up baseball blaster
* Compete against your friends with a homemade magnetic pac man game
June 17 - 21: Eco Week
* Design an aerodynamic electric vehicle
* Harness the power of the sun with a solar powered merry-go-round
* Become an eco superhero with a save-the-earth board game
June 24 - 28: Motion Commotion
* Score a goal with a two-player power puffer air soccer game
* Trick your friends with a disappearing coin drop box inertia bank
* Master your ricochet shot with an adjustable drop and launch game
July 1 - 3: Itsy Bitsy World of Nature
(No Camp Thursday-Friday July 4-5; Reduced Rate)
* Identify mysterious microbes with a light-up microorganism viewer
* Design an insect hotel to study your pet ladybug up close
* Illuminate the night sky with a light-up firefly
July 8 - 12: Kaboom! Pop, Burst & Bubble
* Blast off a mentos geyser
* Concoct a chemical reaction to make a volcano erupt
* Blow blobs of bubbles with a bubble blobber blower
July 15 - 19: Up, Up and Away
* Soar to new heights with a paper roto-copter launcher
* Use a pressurized parachute launcher for a soft landing
* Perform aerial acrobatics with a homemade loop plane
July 22 - 26: Flinging Things!
* Launch projectiles with a rubber band powered craft stick catapult
* Fabricate a finger thinger flinger and watch its twirling descent
* Construct a golf tee torsion launcher and hit the target
July 29 - August 2: All Charged Up!
* Make a motorized buzzing bumble bee and learn the waggle dance
* Test your dragonfly's conductivity compatibility with a light-up landing pad
* Wire up a solar powered musical mustache man
August 5 - 9: Enchanted Forest
* Make a magical motorized fluttering fairy
* Race your propeller powered unicorn over the rainbow
* Fabricate a fire-breathing dragon
* On Freaky Friday, dress up as a fairy, gnome, or your favorite mystical creature
August 12 - 16: Me and My Robot
* Wire up a color changing LED robot and create a light show
* Discover lost treasure with a magnetic pick-up robot
* Bust a move with a mechanical rock 'n' roll dance bot
August 19 - 23: Sarah's Favorite Projects
* Construct a solar powered wave machine with adjustable speeds
* Build a special charging pad to activate your robot and make it glow
* Astound your friends with a magical magnetic mouse
"My sons loved the science projects! My older son (who only wanted to go to sports camp) came home the first day and said, 'I love science!' Both of my sons couldn't wait to teach me about the science they learned every day." -- Lise N.
"My daughter attended Sarah's Science camp and had a wonderful experience. We have been to any number of high quality camps and this one exceeded our expectations. The kids didn't merely build cool contraptions, they were actively encouraged to understand the science behind them, and there were detailed handouts for the parents to carry the learning home. Sarah was involved and available to parents and the counselors were mature, kind, responsible, and first rate. Every day after camp my daughter told me her day had been FANTASTIC. She generally loves camp but this was a notch above in enthusiasm." -- Aretha W.
"My kids LOVED this camp. They voted it the best camp of the summer and will definitely return next year. They loved showing off their inventions every day. I really liked the staff at this camp. They were very helpful and always concerned about the safety and well-being of my kids. I think they went the extra mile to be sure that my kids with allergies were safe. I also think the choices given to the kids allows all of my kids to attend AND enjoy the same camp which is a huge plus for me." -- Jennifer W.
"I appreciate that my daughter had the opportunity to learn about science in a fun, engaging and non-threatening environment. I think it is vital that girls are given the opportunity to explore their interest in science. I also appreciate that Sarah's Science camp is FUN and the kids get DIRTY. They get to be kids!" -- Monique S.