Mission Dolores Academy is an independent K-8 school in San Francisco's Mission District. We offer an affordable, high quality Catholic education.
Through our pioneering Blended Learning Program, we combine traditional teacher-led and in-class, computer-based instruction.
- Suite of Chromebooks in each classroom
- Teachers work with students individually and in small groups, while other students work independently online
- Online assessment data allows teachers to develop individualized lesson plans for each student's needs
Our students have a proven track record of acceptance to many of the Bay Area's top high schools, including:
- Archbishop Riordan High School
- The Bay School of San Francisco
- Convent of the Sacred Heart High School
- Gateway High School
- Mercy High School
- Sacred Heart Cathedral Prep.
- St. Ignatius College Prep.
- University High School
Rigorous, Standards-based curriculum
Extended curriculum includes Art, Latin, Music, PE, and Religious Education
Personalized instruction through Blended Learning
Emphasis on the development of critical-thinking skills
Associate Teachers support Lead Teachers in all grades
Team sports for all levels and abilities
Free, on-site counselling
School lunch program provides healthy, affordable meals
Financially affordable. One of the lowest tuition rates in San Francisco
Open from 7am to 6pm. Childcare available.
We address the needs of the whole child through a unique extended curriculum for all students, including:
- Art, Latin, Music, PE, and Religious Education
- Social Emotional Learning Curriculum
- Field trips
- Community service projects
Extracurricular programs, include:
- Strings Program
- Team sports
- After Care: Art, Dance, Chess, Spanish, and Youth SF
- Student Council
- School Safety Patrol
- Outdoor Education