High-quality piano lessons from a master teacher: I have over thirty years of music experience, including all levels of teaching and performing and have earned several degrees in music and the arts. I teach an ergonomically correct technique which is both fluid and very effective for creating a rich piano sound and which is also excellent for avoiding physical problems and discomfort. This approach is especially helpful for students, beginning to advanced, who would like to solve the complex technical and sound control problems encountered on the piano. The method includes Alexander technique, which is good for all students who want to avoid serious injuries and pain from improper technical training. Many of my students have placed in Bay Area competitions and several have gone on to careers in music.
My lesson format includes:
- An individually-crafted approach
- Well-structured lessons with an emphasis on musicality
- Fluid technical mastery through a thorough understanding of body mechanics
- Supplementary study of music theory, history and ear-training
- Complimentary performance classes
- Preparation for performances and competitions if desired
- Study on fine concert level instruments
(b>All ages and levels are welcome.