Located in San Mateo, California, the Landmark College Bay Area Success Center provides neurodiverse teens, young adults, and adults with access to our unmatched resources and support for success in their executive function, academic, and social skills development journey. Success Center resources and approaches are based on the world-class academic and student life elements found on our flagship campus in Vermont, ensuring quality and effectiveness honed over 35 years of working with neurodiverse populations.
Academic and executive function supports include:
· A dedicated Learning Specialist who will offer to area students/families LC-aligned and LC-proven student support—in-person and online
· Executive function training such as goal setting, time management, organization, and problem-solving
· College-level learning strategies such as active reading, note-taking, improving the writing process, test taking and mnemonics
· Access to technology-based practices such as gamification and game-based learning to engage neurodiverse individuals
Social supports include:
· Social coaching
· Social engagement
· Independence and autonomy
· Enhancing self-advocacy skills, building relationships, and making friends
· Social events for students and family workshops
Who has access to the Success Center?
Bay Area students taking Landmark College Online Dual Enrollment courses or participating in other LC Online programs, (including College START and the 5 Day Online Boot Camp) can access Success Center resources. However, non-enrolled, neurodiverse teens, young adults and adults can seek in-person and/or online support from the Success Center that positions them for success as well.
About Landmark College
Founded in 1985 in Putney, Vermont, Landmark College is exclusively for students who learn differently, including students with a learning disability (such as dyslexia), ADHD, autism, or executive function challenges. We champion a strengths-based model and give students the skills and strategies they need to achieve their goals.
A fully accredited, not-for-profit institution, Landmark College offers bachelor’s and associate degrees, as well as a Bridge Experience, online dual enrollment courses for high school students, and summer programs to assist a wide range of high school and new or transferring college students with learning differences.