Miniature golf is a great way to get some quality time with family or celebrate important events like birthdays. With all the wacky obstacles and plenty of snacks on hand, it’s a low-stress, fun activity that everyone can enjoy. Fortunately, the Bay Area has plenty of locations. Some are more traditional while others offer glow-in-dark mini golf or obstacles with a local twist.
* Boomers – Lush greens, wild water features and wacky windmills are just a few of the things you’ll come across at this play center’s miniature golf course. Boomers also has go-karts, bumper boats, laser tag and an arcade. 2-8pm Monday-Thursday, 2-10pm Friday, 11am-10pm Saturday, 11am-8 pm Sunday. $15.99, 5 and under free with paying adult (multi-attraction packages also available).
2400 Kitty Hawk Road, Livermore
* Golden Tee Golfland – It features a beautifully landscaped 18-hole mini golf course, arcade and party packages. Open 10am-10pm Monday-Sunday. $14.50, $13.50 ages 4-11 and seniors, 3 and under free.
2533 Castro Valley Blvd., Castro Valley
* Lost Worlds Family Fun Center – Black light miniature golf transports players on a Jurassic journey at this fun center that also features a super play structure, ninja agility course, mini bowling, laser tag, arcade games and more. Party packages available. Open 3-7 pm Tuesday, 11am-7pm Wednesday, 3-7pm Thursday, 11am-8pm Friday, 10am-8 pm Saturday, 10am-7pm Sunday. $15-59.95.
6538 Patterson Pass Road, Suite E, Livermore
* Putter’s Goat Track Country Club – These handmade miniature golf courses built by Walnut Creek resident Sean Howard are designed to be fun for both experienced mini golf enthusiasts and beginners. They’re first come, first served. Pets are welcome. Walnut Creek hours: 2-6pm Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, 12:30-6 pm Saturday and Sunday. Martinez hours: 2-6pm Thursday and Friday, 12:30-6pm Saturday and Sunday. $10.
1275 S. California Blvd., Walnut Creek; 606 Ward St., Martinez
* Subpar Miniature Golf Alameda – Play miniature golf through favorite landmarks in the East Bay at this indoor miniature golf course. Some of the landmarks include the Oakland Zoo, UC Berkeley, Chabot Space and Science Center and the USS Hornet. It also has glow-in-the-dark golf and an arcade. Party packages are available. Reservations are recommended. Open 11am-9pm Monday-Thursday, 10am-11pm Friday and Saturday, 10am-9pm Sunday. $14 adults, $11 ages 4-17 and senior citizens; $15 glow golf all ages.
1600 Park St., Alameda
* Scandia Family Fun Center – It features two miniature golf courses with ponds, fountains and a variety of obstacles. It also includes the Vertical Boom drop tower, Blaster Boats, Lil’ Indy Race Track and more. Open daily, call for hours. $12, $9 ages 6-10 and seniors, 5 and under free.
5301 Redwood Road, Rohnert Park
* Swing & Putt – Located at the McInnis Park Golf Center, this 18-hole mini golf course offers lavish gardens, water hazards and artist-designed obstacles. Advanced booking recommended. Open 11 am-6 pm Sunday-Thursday, 11am-7pm Friday and Saturday. $11 ages 13 and up, $9 ages 5-12 and seniors, under 5 free with paid adult.
350 Smith Ranch Road, San Rafael
* Stagecoach Greens – This miniature golf course tells the story of boom and bust in California, both its history and more recent times. It includes tributes to immigrants who traveled to California, the Gold Rush, the 1906 earthquake, the Mission Bay Shipyard, the “Spirit of Invention” and more. Proceeds from tickets help local foster children and families. Reservations required. Open 11am-4 pm Monday and 11am-9pm Tuesday-Sunday. $19, 12 and under $13.
1379 Fourth St., San Francisco
* Subpar Miniature Golf San Francisco – Take a tour through San Francisco landmarks at this indoor miniature golf course. Reservations are recommended. Open 11am-9pm Monday-Thursday, 10am-11pm Friday and Saturday, 10am-9 pm Sunday. $14 all ages.
Ghirardelli Square lower plaza, 900 North Point St.,
* Urban Putt – This indoor miniature golf course features a high-tech, 14-hole course as well as top-notch food and drinks. Mini golf is first come, first served. Reservations are available for dinner. After 8 p.m., only guests 21 and up are admitted. Open 4-10pm Tuesday-Thursday, 4-11pm Friday, 12-11pm Saturday, 12-9pm Sunday. $14 ages 13 and up, $10 ages 6-12, 5 and under free.
1096 South Van Ness Ave., San Francisco
* Emerald Hills Golfland – Enjoy challenging miniature golf courses, a huge arcade, waterslides and snack bar. Offers party packages. Open 10am-10pm Sunday-Thursday, 10am-11:59pm Friday and Saturday. $16.75, $15.75 ages 4-11 and seniors, all-day pass of unlimited golf and waterslides $37.
976 Blossom Hill Road, San Jose
* Golfland USA – It offers two miniature golf courses as well as a large arcade and snack bar. Party packages available. 10am-10pm Sunday-Thursday, 10 am-12am Friday and Saturday. $17, $16 ages 4-11 and seniors, 3 and under free with paid adult.
855 E. El Camino Real, Sunnyvale
* Lost Worlds Funtropolous – At this San Jose Lost Worlds location, the miniature golf course takes you on a trip to the Funtastic Funtropolous City Zoo where you’ll wander by a happy hippo, grumpy gator and prehistoric dinosaur. There’s also a Superheroes Training Center, Bazooka Ball Invasion, Super Surfer’s Super Slide and more. Party packages available. 11am-7pm Tuesday-Thursday, 11am-8pm Friday, 10am-8pm Saturday, 10am-7pm. Sunday. $14.95-59.95.
5401 Camden Ave., San Jose