San Francisco, CA 94117
About La Scuola International School
Operating since: 2002
Preschool through 8th Grade
More About La Scuola International School
La Scuola is a vibrant Preschool - 8th Grade international community and is San Francisco's first and only authorized International Baccalaureate – Primary Years Programme (IB-PYP-MYP) school. Enrolling Preschool through 8th grade in 2020-2021, starting at age 2.
Why La Scuola?
• La Scuola educates the whole child - intellectually, physically and emotionally - in a joyful and happy environment.
• Our philosophy is rooted in the tradition of the schools of Reggio Emilia, Italy. We hold an image of the child as strong, competent and creative, with no ceiling to a child's learning potential.
• Inquiry is the leading pedagogical tool of our transdisciplinary education, thereby fostering critical and creative thinking skills, confidence, integrity, collaboration and empathy.
• Our students develop a life-long love of learning and become world citizens who care about their local and global communities.
• Language acquisition is a cornerstone of a La Scuola education, both in the Italian Immersion track, as well as the English track with Italian as a second language. Bilinguals have better cognitive and verbal skills, as well as higher executive function.
• Children are surrounded by warm and nurturing teachers in an aesthetically beautiful environment. Careful attention to the integration of pedagogy and the design of space offers the children a rich sense of place.
• Children graduating from La Scuola have the cognitive, creative and social skills necessary for the challenges and opportunities of the 21st century.
K-2 Campus located at 735 Fell St., San Francisco 94117 (415) 551-0000
3-8 Campus located at 3250 18th St, San Francisco, CA 94110 (415) 551-0000
Preschool Campus located at 728 20th St., San Francisco 94107 (415) 558-9006
Annual Tuition Range: $28,560 - 36,980
Admission Deadline: January 15, 2021
- California Association of IB World Schools
- California Association of Independent Schools
- International Baccalaureate World School
- National Association of Independent Schools
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges
Courses & Services Offered:
- Athletic & Sports Program
- Computer Technology
- Extended Care
- Field Trips
- Financial Aid
- Foreign Language Immersion
- Hot Lunch
- International Baccalaureate Program
- Learning Assistance Program
- Music Instruction/Band
- Parent Participation
- Standardized Testing Administered