Menlo Park, CA 94025
About Alto International School
Operating since: 1988
Preschool through 12th Grade
More About Alto International School
Alto International School is a globally-minded community, fostering confident, creative and responsible learners
Our internationally focused middle and high school program offers students a unique preparatory, multilingual education providing them with the necessary skills for university and life beyond.
For younger students we offer a German immersion preschool and elementary program, educating engaged, independent, and balanced learners.
As an IB World School since 2007, Alto offers both the Primary Years Program (PYP) from Preschool through Grade 5, the Middle Years Program (MYP) from Grade 6 through Grade 10, and the Diploma Program (DP) in Grades 11 and 12. Students are taught in a multilingual environment, graduating with literacy skills in at least two languages.
Alto International School is excited to announce that we will be merging with Silicon Valley International School to become the premier international school on the U.S. West Coast, offering French, Chinese, and German language programs for preschool through grade 12 as well as the full continuum of the International Baccalaureate – the Primary Years, Middle Years, and Diploma Programmes. All three rigorous, collaborative, bilingual programs will be fully integrated into a single exceptional international school. The merger will take effect for the 2021-2022 academic year.
An International Baccalaureate (IB) education focuses on each student as a whole person. Thus, the IB program addresses not only cognitive development but social, emotional and physical well-being. The International Baccalaureate Program at Alto:
- inspires students to ask questions, pursue personal aspirations, set challenging goals and develop the persistence to achieve those goals
- develops knowledgeable students who make reasoned ethical judgments and acquire the ability, perseverance and confidence they need in order to bring about meaningful change
- encourages individual and shared responsibility and effective teamwork
Preschool (2.9 to 5 years) Play-based German immersion program helping children to grow and thrive.
Elementary School (Grades K – 5) German immersion program educating engaged and independent learners.
Middle School (Grades 6 - 8) International minded program fostering curiosity and critical thinking.
High School (Grades 9 - 12) International Baccalaureate program preparing students for university and life.
Learn more about our four different programs by visiting AltoSchool.org.
- California Association of IB World Schools
- California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
- International Baccalaureate World School
- Western States Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
Admission Deadline: Application accepted on a rolling basis
Courses & Services offered:
- Athletic & Sports Program
- Community Service
- Computer Technology
- Extended Care
- Field Trips
- Financial Aid
- Foreign Language Immersion
- Hot Lunch
- International Baccalaureate Program
- Music Instruction/Band
- Parent Participation
- Tutoring & Homework Assistance