Founded in 1983 and still unlike any other school in the country, The Crowden School provides an inspiring, whole-child education for students in grades 3–8.
Crowden’s innovative approach to experiential and inquiry-based learning—centered around the collaborative art of chamber music—empowers its students to find their individual voices as they grow into confident, empathetic, and curious young leaders.
- Inquiry-based, experiential academics develop critical thinking, teamwork, and creativity
- Daily music including small ensembles, orchestra and instrument classes
- Small class sizes and close teacher-student interactions
- Passionate, dedicated, and expert faculty for academics and music
- Excellent high school preparation and placement
- Lifelong friendships forged through music
Through the daily activity of playing music together, Crowden School students learn skills such as focused listening, teamwork, personal responsibility, perseverance, and empathy. These essential communication tools are further developed in the academic classrooms, where our experienced and passionate teachers challenge our students to develop critical thinking skills, curiosity, self-confidence, and a lifelong love of learning.
At the Crowden School, music changes everything!
Accreditations: Independent Schools of the San Francisco Bay Area
Admission Deadline: January 25, 2024
Annual Tuition Range: $31,330 – $33,990
Courses & Services Offered:
- Art Instruction
- Community Service
- Extended Care
- Field Trips
- Financial Aid
- Music Instruction
- Parent Participation
- Performing Arts
- Standardized Testing Administered
- Tutoring & Homework Assistance